Weekly Roundup for February 1
We hope you had a great week. As always, below are a few things that we think you might enjoy. For a steady stream of content and links, follow our Tumblr.
- Meghan Peters from Mashable has a great op-ed about community development and management.
- Philanthropy Journal has a quick piece reminding nonprofit organizations about the importance of explaining the impact of gifts.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy highlights the differences between wealthy younger donors and their parents.
- As we posted to our Tumblr this week, we’re curious to see the future of direct mailing campaigns if services like OutBox take off.
- In social media news, Pinterest announced that they were adding a “news” feature to their platform. Meanwhile, Foursquare launched an app for businesses.
- And while a couple of months old, this article shows how quickly social media, when spearheaded by someone with influence without facts, can be damaging to nonprofits.