Weekly Roundup for November 9
Another week has come and gone. We hope it was enjoyable and productive. If you’re looking to catch up news from the week, please check out the links below. As always, you can follow our Tumblr for more frequent updates.
- LinkedIn is a powerful tool for individuals and nonprofit organization. TechCrunch provides an interesting overview of the website and potential future threats.
- NPQ provides a quick reminder that there are no silver bullets in fund development. A steady focus on your donors is still the best way to grow.
- Everyone understands the importance of thanking individuals, but how often are you thanking your employees (or your donors/volunteers)? Recent research confirms what we already know – praise is a powerful tool.
- Meetings.io was a good meeting tool for nonprofit organizations. We’re curious to see how Jive’s acquisition of the platform will help it continue to grow.
- The damage from Hurricane Sandy was devastating and we’re still learning the long-term effects it will have on the East Coast. Our thoughts continue to be with those who are trying to put their business, nonprofit organization, or home back on track. If you’re still looking for organizations to support – Razoo provided a quick list of organizations that are looking for support.