Weekly Roundup for September 21
The hits keep on coming and we’re back for another week of links. Don’t forget to check out our Tumblr for up-to-date links throughout the week.
- We’ve touted the benefits of LinkedIn for Nonprofits on our site before – here is their newest feature, called Board Connect.
- Video site Vimeo is using a new method to drive profits for their content creators – a tip jar. Could this be used for nonprofits down the line?
- Kickstarter made some waves this week after they changed some of their policies. We’ll be monitoring to see how this might affect nonprofit organizations.
- Lots of updates on our Twitter feeds the last few weeks have included the Chase Community Giving contest – the experts over at Philanthropy ask the question, are these contests even worth it?
- How do you convey the long-term value of your donations? It’s an interesting question to think about, as this article uses a real life example from the organization Women with Drive.
- LifeHacker provides an overview of the science behind what motivates us to get up and work each day.