Weekly Roundup for August 3
It’s Weekly Roundup time – check-out our Scoop.it to catch all of our insights in one place.
- KIVA, the popular micro-loan provider, has now started its charitable program in certain US cities.
- We’ve posted similar pieces to our blog in the past, but the Stanford Social Innovation Review does an excellent job detailing the value in having a social media strategy.
- Mashable has an infographic that details how churches manage their social media. 46.1% of churches state that social media is their most effective method of outreach.
- It’s nice to see the pop-up business strategy is helping some San Francisco neighborhoods. Good.Is details the collboration between the City of San Francsico and pop-up incubator SFQT.
- Friend of Social Change Consulting, Jose Vadi, is featured in this KQED blog post about the collaboration between spoken-word poetry organization Youth Speaks and UCSF to help youth speak out against diabetes. You can watch Jose’s video on YouTube.
- Finally, UCLA ranks as one of the highest rated public schools on the recent Forbes list of top colleges. Needless to say, GO BRUINS!