Weekly Roundup for July 27
As always, click here for our Scoop.it to catch all of our insights in one place.
- Viral videos come in many shapes and sizes – thanks to Channel 4 in the UK, the Paralympic Games get their right due in this amazing video introducing you to amazing athletes.
- The gender disparity in the technology community is well established, but one group is attempting to close the gap.
- Do you struggle with groupthink when trying to shop new ideas? HBR has a nice piece on strategies to enhance your collaborative innovation (brainstorming).
- The San Francisco Business Times recently held their Corporate Philanthropy Breakfast. They accompany the breakfast with a collection of stories that highlight philanthropy the in the Bay Area.
- Could an app be the key to avoiding traffic jams? Good.is has an article detailing Greenway, a new navigation system which significantly reduces CO2 emissions and stops traffic before it starts.
- Another example of digital media overtaking print. The storied daily newspaper, the Financial Times now has digital subscribers than paper subscribers. Digitial also makes up half their revenue.
- Lastly, as fans of local cuisine here at Social Change Consulting, we wanted to give a shout out to Hapa Ramen, currently in the midst of a Kickstarter campaign to open their own brick and mortar location.